Free E-Book: Microsoft Press : Introducing Windows Server 2016
Windows Server has powered a generation of organizations, from small businesses to large enterprises. No matter what your role in IT, you can be guaranteed you that have touched Windows Server at some point in your career or at very least you have seen it from afar! This book introduces you to Windows Server 2016, which is the next version of Windows Server. No matter what your area of expertise, this book will introduce you to the latest developments in Windows Server 2016.
Each chapter has been written by either field experts or members of the product group, giving you the latest information on every improvement or new feature that is included in this version of Windows Server. This information will help you to prepare for Windows Server 2016 and give you the means to develop and design a path to introduce Windows Server 2016 into your environment and take full advantage of what is to come. This book is being written at a time when the product is still evolving and it should be noted that things might change or not appear in the final version of Windows Server 2016 when released. All guidance in the chapters is meant to be tried and evaluated in a test environment; you should not implement it in a production environment.
This book assumes that you are familiar with key concepts surrounding Windows Server (i.e., Microsoft Hyper-V, Networking, and Storage) as well as cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure. In this book, we cover a variety of concepts irelated to the technology and present scenarios with a customer focus, but it is not intended as a how-to or design manual. You can use other sources, including the online Microsoft resources, to stay up to date with the latest developments on the roles and features of Windows Server 2016. The online resources will also contain the latest how-to procedures and information about designing a Windows Server 2016 infrastructure for your business.
A division of Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052-6399
Copyright © 2016 by Microsoft Corporation
All rights reserved. No part of the contents of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written permission of the publisher.
- Using the Azure Portal to Create Virtual Networks, Add Subnets and Setting up a DNS Server Address - October 17, 2017
- Extend Azure Virtual Machine OS drive using Azure Portal - June 30, 2017
- Creating a Windows Virtual Machine and Availability Set at the same time using the Azure Portal - June 11, 2017
- Remove a Node from a Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Cluster and Destroy a Cluster Procedure - May 14, 2017
- Best Practices on Setting up Hyper-V Cluster Networks in Windows Server 2016 - May 10, 2017
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V - May 6, 2017
- Configuring iSCSI Storage and Initiator in Windows Server 2016 - April 20, 2017
- Upgrading the VM configuration version in Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V - April 5, 2017
- VM Load Balancing in Windows Server 2016 - March 31, 2017
- Cluster OS Rolling Upgrades in Windows Server 2016 - March 29, 2017