Installation of Forefront TMG 2010 Standard Edition
This is my first article on Forefront TMG 2010, so I think it’s better to start with Basic Installation. In this article I will show you Forefront TMG 2010 Installation Step by Step.
1. Insert the Forefront TMG 2010 DVD in your DVD drive. Then you will see Welcome to Microsoft Forefront TMG page.( Note: If your computer has Auto-Run enabled). To begin the Forefront TMG 2010 Installation, please click on Run Preparation Tool on the Welcome page.
2. On Welcome to the Preparation Tool for Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) page , click Next
3. On License Agreement page, read the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS and select I accept terms of the License Agreements
4. On the Installation Type page, select Forefront TMG services and Management and click Next
5. On Preparing System page, it will take a few minutes to complete to installs and configures the required Windows Roles and Features.
6. On the Preparation Complete page, verify checkmark on Launch Forefront TMG Installation Wizard and click Finish.
7. On the Welcome to the Installation Wizard for Forefront TMG Standard page, click Next
8. On the License Agreement page, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next
9. On the Customer Information page, enter your User Name, Organization and Product Serial Number and click Next
10. On the Installation Path page, choose the Installation path for Forefront TMG and click Next
11. On the Define Internal Network page, click Add
12. On the Addresses page, click Add Adapter
13. On the Select Network Adapters page, select the network adapter which represents the Internal Network and click OK
14. In the Addresses dialog box, verify the IP address ranges and click OK
15. On the Define Internal Network page, click Next
16. On the Services Warning page, click Next
17. On the Ready to Install the Program page, click Install
18. After We click Install Tab, Installation begin start Installing Forefront TMG Start
19. On the Installation Wizard Completed page, put a checkmark in the Launch Forefront TMG Management when the wizard closes and click Finish
20. Now we will see the first page for the Getting Started Wizard page, click Configure network settings
21. On the Welcome to the Network Setup Wizard page, click Next
22. On the Network Template Selection page, select Edge firewall and click Next
23. On the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings page, from the Network adapter connected to the LAN drop down list, select Internal and click Next
24. On the Internet Settings page, select External and click Next
25. On the Completing the Network Setup Wizard page, click Finish
26. Again we are back to the Getting Started Wizard page, this time we need to click Configure system settings
27. On the Welcome to the System Configuration Wizard page, click Next
28. On the Host identification page, click Next
29. On the Completing the System Configuration Wizard page, click Finish
30. Again on the Getting Started Wizard page, now click Define deployment options
31. On the Welcome to the Deployment Wizard page, click Next
32. On the Microsoft Update Setup page, select Use the Microsoft Update service to check for updates (recommended)
33. On the Forefront TMG Protection Features Settings page, click Next
34. On the NIS Signature Update Settings page, click Next
35. On the Customer Feedback page, click Next
36. On the Microsoft Telemetry Reporting Service page, select Basic or Advanced and click Next
37. On the Completing the Deployment Wizard page, click Finish
38. Now we are finally finished with Getting Started Wizard and click close
39. At last the Forefront TMG Console opens. Then close the Forefront TMG Console.
40. After that Install Forefront TMG Service Pack 1
In this article, I showed you the fresh install of Forefront TMG 2010. I hope that this will help you in the near future.
Thanks for your good article
But link of all roll up for service pack 2 is broken in Microsoft sites 🙁
how to we can download this roll ups? Did you have any roll up for service pack 2? or Did you know to have some roll update instead of official site?