Installing System Center 2012 R2 App Controller Step by Step Guide
System Center 2012 R2 App Controller is one of the easiest to implement and light component in System Center 2012 R2, which is an extension of Virtual Machine Manager (VMM). App Controller is a web-based self-service tool for end users that allow them to manage, deploy, and view both private and public cloud resources. App Controller can connect to private clouds based on a VMM server, integrated with Windows Azure and other third party clouds. So we can manage all these three environments Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud. Before we begin the installation of App Controller server, ensure that we have a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server installed and running. We must be logged in as a domain user with membership in the local Administrators group. This account must also have at least database owner (DBO) permission on the database associated with your App Controller installation.
To install the System Center 2012 R2 App Controller Server, perform the following steps:
1. On the App Controller installation media, right click Setup.exe, and then click Run as administrator. On the main page, click Install. App Controller Setup begins.
2. On the Enter your product registration information page, provide the Product Key and then click Next.
3. On the Getting Started page, Review the software license terms, select the I have read, understand, and agree with the terms of the licensing agreement and then click Next.
4. On the Prerequisites page, Checking your environment for prerequisite hardware and software.
5. On the Prerequisites page, Installation cannot continue, the computer is missing one or more hardware and software prerequisites. Here, error display showing, “System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Console is missing.”
Insert the Virtual Machine Manager Installation media on App Controller Server, right click Setup.exe, and then click Run as administrator. On the main page, click Install. On the Getting Started Select features to install page, select VMM console and then click Next. Then follows the Installation steps… then Setup completed successfully and click Close.
6. Back to App Controller Setup Prerequisites page, click Verify prerequisites again..
7. On the App Controller Setup Prerequisites page, Checking your environment for prerequisite hardware and software begin..
8. On the Prerequisites Install missing software page, click Install.
9. On the Prerequisites page, Installing missing prerequisites begins…
10. On the Configuration, Select the installation path page, click Next.
11. On the Configure the services page, select Domain account and specify Domain and user name, msserverpro\vmmsvc and then type Password in Password field. Here, vmmsvc is a service account for App Controller services. Then accept the default port and click Next.
12. On the Configure the website page, select Generate self-signed certificate and click Next. It is highly recommended to use existing certificate in production environment.
13. On the Configure the SQL Server database page, specify the server name, Instance name and Database name, and the click Next. Here, App Controller Database Server in separate server.
14. On the Help improve App Controller for System Center 2012 R2 page, select Yes, I am willing to participate in CEIP and Use Microsoft Update, and then click Next.
15. On the Confirm the settings page, review the selections and click Install.
16. On the Installing components page, Installing components progress is displayed.
17. On the Setup completed successfully page, click Finish.
18. Open App Controller website URL: https://ktm-scappc01.msserverpro.com, which is shown in Setup completed successfully page. It displays There is a problem with this website’s security certificate, click Continue to this website (not recommended). Because we are using self-signed certificate.
19. It popups dialog box, To view this content, please install Microsoft Silverlight, click now to install.
20. After finished installation of Microsoft Silverlight, On the App Controller web portal page, Enter your credentials to sign in, type User name and Password, and then click Sign In.
21. Finally, App Controller web-based User Interface display.
I hope this article, Installing System Center 2012 R2 App Controller step by step guide, will help a lot during Installing System Center 2012 R2 App Controller server.
- Extend Azure Virtual Machine OS drive using Azure Portal - June 30, 2017
- Creating a Windows Virtual Machine and Availability Set at the same time using the Azure Portal - June 11, 2017
- Remove a Node from a Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Cluster and Destroy a Cluster Procedure - May 14, 2017
- Best Practices on Setting up Hyper-V Cluster Networks in Windows Server 2016 - May 10, 2017
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V - May 6, 2017
- Configuring iSCSI Storage and Initiator in Windows Server 2016 - April 20, 2017
- Upgrading the VM configuration version in Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V - April 5, 2017
- VM Load Balancing in Windows Server 2016 - March 31, 2017
- Cluster OS Rolling Upgrades in Windows Server 2016 - March 29, 2017
- Installing Active Directory Domain Controller on Windows Server 2016 - March 18, 2017