Resetting Administrator Password in Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller
Resetting local administrator and Domain Administrator password is one of the important tasks of System Administrator. As a job role of Windows System Administrator we should have to know how to reset Domain Administrator password and local administrator password. In some situation we require these steps. In this article we will reset Administrator Password in Windows Server 2016 Domain Controller using following steps:
1. Insert the Windows Server 2016 DVD and restart the server and Press F12 to boot from DVD. Press Enter which monitor display “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD…”
2. On the Windows Setup page, click Next.
3. On the Windows Setup page, select “Repair your computer”.
4. On the Choose an Option page, click “Troubleshoot” option.
5. On the Advanced options page, select “Command Prompt”
6. On the Administrator Command Prompt, type the following commands as shown in figure.
7. On the Administrator Command Prompt window, close the “Command Prompt”
8. On the Choose an option page, click on “Continue”.
9. Now Server restarting and then Press Windows Key + U to open Administrator command prompt at the logon screen. And type the following commands to change the password.
net user administrator P@ssw0rd
Then close the command prompt.
10. Now, you can log on with the recently changed password.
Once you have successfully log on the domain controller, you have to repeat the following cleanup steps.
11. Restart the server and Press F12 to boot from Windows Server 2016 DVD. On the Windows Setup page, click Next.
12. On the Windows Setup page, click on “Repair your computer”.
13. On the Choose an option dialog box, select “Troubleshoot”.
14. On the Advanced options dialog box, select “Command Prompt”.
15. On the Administrator Command Prompt, type the following commands, and close the command prompt windows.
16. On the Choose an option dialog box, select “Continue”.
17. On the login dialog box, type the username and password, then press Enter.
Resetting Domain Administrator and local Administrator password is the important tasks of System Administrator. In some scenario this will help to save our jobs. We should know this. I hope this will help.
linux server, virtual dedicated server, computer servers, windows server 2003, server windows, dedicated server, low cost dedicated server, servers, dedicated hosting solutions, windows 2003 server, dedicated hosting server, windows dedicated server, dedicated windows server, canada dedicated server, server, amd server, blade server, small business server, cheap dedicated server, custom servers Growtraffic.com
- Deploy and Configure VM Scale Sets (VMSS) in the Azure Portal - February 24, 2019
- Configuring an Availability Set with the Azure Load Balancer - February 9, 2019
- Creating and Connecting Linux Ubuntu VM in Azure - December 29, 2018
- My Precious IT Books Collections - March 1, 2018
- Configuring Azure Traffic Manager using Performance Based Routing Method - January 20, 2018
- Configuring a Point-to-Site Connection to a VNet using Azure Portal - November 28, 2017
- Configuring a VNet-to-VNet VPN Gateway Connection Using the Azure Portal - October 27, 2017
- Configuring Azure VNet Peering by using the Azure Portal - October 19, 2017
- Using the Azure Portal to Create Virtual Networks, Add Subnets and Setting up a DNS Server Address - October 17, 2017
- Extend Azure Virtual Machine OS drive using Azure Portal - June 30, 2017