Free E-Book: Microsoft Press : Introducing Windows Server 2016
Windows Server has powered a generation of organizations, from small businesses to large enterprises. No matter what your role in IT, you can be guaranteed you that have touched Windows Server at some point in your career or at very least you have seen it from afar! This book introduces you to Windows Server 2016, which is the next version of Windows Server. No matter what your area of expertise, this book will introduce you to the latest developments in Windows Server 2016.
Each chapter has been written by either field experts or members of the product group, giving you the latest information on every improvement or new feature that is included in this version of Windows Server. This information will help you to prepare for Windows Server 2016 and give you the means to develop and design a path to introduce Windows Server 2016 into your environment and take full advantage of what is to come. This book is being written at a time when the product is still evolving and it should be noted that things might change or not appear in the final version of Windows Server 2016 when released. All guidance in the chapters is meant to be tried and evaluated in a test environment; you should not implement it in a production environment.
This book assumes that you are familiar with key concepts surrounding Windows Server (i.e., Microsoft Hyper-V, Networking, and Storage) as well as cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure. In this book, we cover a variety of concepts irelated to the technology and present scenarios with a customer focus, but it is not intended as a how-to or design manual. You can use other sources, including the online Microsoft resources, to stay up to date with the latest developments on the roles and features of Windows Server 2016. The online resources will also contain the latest how-to procedures and information about designing a Windows Server 2016 infrastructure for your business.
A division of Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052-6399
Copyright © 2016 by Microsoft Corporation
All rights reserved. No part of the contents of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without the written permission of the publisher.
- Deploy and Configure VM Scale Sets (VMSS) in the Azure Portal - February 24, 2019
- Configuring an Availability Set with the Azure Load Balancer - February 9, 2019
- Creating and Connecting Linux Ubuntu VM in Azure - December 29, 2018
- My Precious IT Books Collections - March 1, 2018
- Configuring Azure Traffic Manager using Performance Based Routing Method - January 20, 2018
- Configuring a Point-to-Site Connection to a VNet using Azure Portal - November 28, 2017
- Configuring a VNet-to-VNet VPN Gateway Connection Using the Azure Portal - October 27, 2017
- Configuring Azure VNet Peering by using the Azure Portal - October 19, 2017
- Using the Azure Portal to Create Virtual Networks, Add Subnets and Setting up a DNS Server Address - October 17, 2017
- Extend Azure Virtual Machine OS drive using Azure Portal - June 30, 2017